Please feel free to download the following files and utilize them as you like. These PDF files require Adobe Acrobat Reader to view:
Step by Step©
Bronchoscopy Assessment Tools and BSTAT Quiz:
- A competency-based test of bronchoscopic knowledge using the Essential Bronchoscopist: an initial concept study.
- Validation of two instruments to assess technical bronchoscopic skill using virtual reality simulation.
- Realistic and affordable lo-fidelity model for learning bronchoscopic transbronchial needle aspiration.
- Bronchoscopy simulation: a brief review.
- Reliability of a 25-item low-stakes multiple-choice assessment of bronchoscopic knowledge.
Describes how the 186 test items of the web-based Essential Bronchoscopist were evaluated by 30 junior and senior bronchoscopists in Argentina and the US, and 150 of them were found to contain necessary or absolutely necessary knowledge by 80% or more of the participants. view
A high-fidelity VR platform is used to validate two instruments used to test technical bronchoscopic skill: the Bronchoscopy Skills and Tasks Assessment Tool (BSTAT) tests the operator while performing a standard diagnostic bronchoscopy, while the Bronchoscopy Stepwise Evaluation Tool (BSET) tests the operator while systematically going through the Bronchoscopy Step-By-Step exercises. view
A low-cost airway model is developed for learning TBNA, and its realism and effectiveness in teaching TBNA techniques and communication skills is validated based on the consensus of perceptions among 12 participants. view
An overview of the available literature on the use of simulation in bronchoscopy education, systematically assessing what each study covers and contributes to the field, and showing how this limited yet valuable body of work lays a foundation for the future use of simulator-based bronchoscopy training. view
Describes the methodology of validating bronchoscopy test items derived from the Essential Bronchoscopist, using the items found to contain the most necessary knowledge in a previous study [see 1 above]. view