What is The Essential Bronchoscopist©
The Essential Bronchoscopist© is an interactive learning program:
- That is web-based and open access collection of multiple choice questions and explained answers.
- Modules can be viewed on line or downloaded as PDF files for later review.
- Specific objectives and post tests for each module assure enhance acquisition.
- All modules are interactive and multilingual.
(1) is based on laddered learning,
(2) uses case studies to reinforce learning, and
(3) can be used as a foundation for debate with colleagues and mentors.
The Essential Bronchoscopist© contains
- Basic Essential information all bronchoscopists should be aware of regardless of specialty and practice.
- Bronchoscopic abnormalities
- Instrumentation and equipment
- Cleaning and sterilization
- Descriptions of common practical problems
- Difficult airway management
- Biopsy and other techniques
- Indications and contraindications
- Anesthesia and risk management
- Examples of diagnostic and therapeutic applications
The Essential Bronchoscopist© is currently in English, Spanish, French, Portuguese and Japanese. PDF files of the Korean version are downloadable from the downloads page of the Essential Bronchoscopist (see Modules PDFs) .
The Essential Bronchoscopist© was originally authored by Dr. Henri Colt. It is being hosted as an educational service by the University of Califonia, Irvine, USA, where Dr. Colt is Professor of Medicine.
To learn more, please view the presentation How to Use The Essential Bronchoscopist©, or simply follow the link to the website and begin!
If you would like to use any of the information from The Essential Bronchoscopist© for lectures, training, or research purposes, please feel free to do so. In case of publication or presentations, we would appreciate it if you would cite these as follows:
The Essential Bronchoscopist©, an Electronic On-Line Multimedia Slide Presentation. http://www.essential-bronchoscopy.org/ Published 2004 (Please add "Date Accessed").